Friday, July 31, 2009

Dannielle Kerkoven Miss Sri Lanka World 2006


Rapthi Raffella Dannielle Kerkovenwas born and grew up in Colombo and completed her education with a Diploma in airline ticketing and reservations, and is currently studying fashion design and working as a professional model, her ambition is to open her own Exclusive Dress Boutique.

Rapthi enjoys travelling, listening to music, reading books, watching movies, athletics and synchronised swimming. Favourite food is Chinese and Sri Lankan.
Personal motto is “Life is meant to be lived so let’s go out and live it”.








Sri Lankan beauty Danielle Kerkoven, Miss Sri Lanka 2006, says the Indian fashion industry is full of opportunities for models as compared to its Sri Lankan counterpart, which is small and at a nascent stage.
The petite Kerkoven, who won the Miss Sri Lanka title when she was just 17, was in town for a product launch today.
“I want to make India my home as I believe there are better opportunities for a model here,” she said when asked about shifting base here. She also plans to enrol herself in a Hindi learning course.
Currently based in Delhi, Kerkoven says her mother’s influence has been her support during her formative years. “My mother Rehana was also a model and today she is one of the oldest designers in Sri Lanka. And since fashion has been all around me as a child, I took to ramp for my mother’s designs at 14.”
“I have always loved to occupy the ramp and the Miss World title gave me an unmatchable experience in my life,” says Kerkoven, who deeply bonded with Miss India Natasha Suri during the race for Miss World title.
On her slim physique, Kerkoven claims she has been naturally thin since childhood. “I hate the fact that some people take pills to be slim. I would never recommend any girl to use such slimming techniques. One should follow a healthy diet and a proper regimen to be fit,” says Kerkoven, fond of all kind of music.
A die heart Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan fan, Kerkoven says if given a chance, she would love to act in a Hindi movie, for she has grown up watching them.










0 comments:

Post a Comment